Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Taste of Things to Come

Ahead of the Inaugural Grape Girls Wine and Food adventure in the Piedmont wine region, in Italy I bought a few bottles of the regions wine, including this bottle of 2010 Le Orme from producer Michele Chiarlo, a DOCG wine from Barbera d'Asti.

I found it to be very drinkable now. Fruity and light in body, it paired beautifully with New Orleans style crawfish pie and caesar salad. Even without food it presented well, with good balance and a lush mouthfeel.

I hope to try more from Michele Chiarlo when I get there. So far I have booked appointments with Tenute Rocca, Ceretto, Conterno Fantino, Rocche Costamagna, Vietti, Marchesi Di Gresy and Marchesi di Barolo. 

Check back with us on the www.lovethatgrape.com website to find our favorite stops posted, including our stops in Milan and Lake Maggiore.

Fino ad allora...


No comments:

Post a Comment